Budget development is a year-round process. The Board of Education and district administrators work together to develop the budget throughout the year.
2018-19 Budget Information
Preparing the 2018-19 RCS budget is underway. Administrators are presenting budget information at various board of education meetings between February and May 2018. BOE meetings begin at 7 p.m. Click here to see past budget presentations.
2018 Budget Calendar
- February 6, 2018 – BOE Meeting: Revenue
- February 13 - “Future Forum”
- February 27 – BOE Meeting: Food Service and Elementary School Program
- March 1 – Submit tax levy limit to Office of the State Comptroller
- March 6 - BOE Meeting: Bus proposition and Middle School Program
- March 13 – Optional BOE Meeting
- March 20 – BOE Meeting: Operations and Management, Athletics, and High School Program
- March 27 – BOE Meeting: Transportation, Technology, and Special Education Program
- April 10 – Optional BOE Meeting
- April 16 – Filing deadline for BOE candidates
- April 17 – BOE Meeting: Budget Adoption
- April 20 – New York State deadline for budget adoption
- April 24 – Optional BOE Meeting
- April 25 - BOCES Administrative Budget and Board Election Vote
- May 8 – BOE Meeting: RCS Budget Hearing and BOE “Meet the Candidates,” RCS Community Library Budget Presentation and “Meet the Candidates”
- May 15 – Annual Budget Vote – RCS High School, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
School Tax Rates & Bills
School property tax rates are set in August for the upcoming school year. Tax rates are based on the total tax levy in the voter-approved school budget, the state-determined equalization rates, and assessment rolls for each town.
Estimated school tax rates for the 2017-18 school year, per $1,000 of assessed value, are:
- Bethlehem – $20.14
- Coeymans – $20.14
- New Scotland – $ 20.14
- New Baltimore* – $26.41
*Property in New Baltimore is partially assessed, leading to a higher tax rate.
Paying School Taxes
School property taxes are due Oct. 31 each year. School taxes will be collected without penalty from Sept. 1 through Oct. 2. A penalty of 2% will be added to payments received from Oct. 3 through Oct. 31. No payments are accepted after Oct. 31. Any amounts unpaid at that time will be turned over to the appropriate county.
Paying by mail
If mailing your check, include the tax bill stub with your payment and mail to the tax collection post office box:
Tax Processing Unit
PO Box 14195
Albany, NY 12212-4195
Paying in person
When paying in person, bring the entire tax bill with you. Payments can be made at the following branches of the National Bank of Coxsackie during normal banking hours:
Ravena Branch Office
Faith Plaza, Route 9W
Ravena, NY 12143
Glenmont Branch Office
331 Route 9W
Glenmont, NY 12077
You can now pay your school taxes online using your credit/debit card or an e-check (e-checks will only be accepted through October 15).
If using a credit/debit card, the online provider’s fee includes a one-time transaction fee of $0.50 plus a three percent (3%) site fee for each transaction.
If using an e-check the online provider’s fee includes a one-time transaction fee of $4.95 plus a half percent (0.5%) site fee for checks made out for more than $2,500.