At Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk, our mission is to serve nutritious, balanced meals to students and faculty in a creative and hospitable environment. When you’re with us, it’s our pleasure to serve you fresh, colorful and wholesome food.
Our students need a nutritious breakfast and lunch every day to keep them healthy and to help them stay focused on learning.
- Elementary Breakfast — $1.55
- Elementary Lunch — $2.55
- Middle/High School Breakfast — $1.80
- Middle/High School Lunch — $2.90
- Reduced-Price Meal — $0.25
Pay for your child’s school meals online
The mySchoolBucks.com program offers a secure online service to let you pre-pay for meals online using a credit card, debit card or checking account (Paypal no longer accepted).
mySchoolBucks.com allows you the convenience of adding funds to your child’s meal account, scheduling automatic payments, opting to receive an electronic “low funds” reminder message and viewing a monthly report of your child’s daily spending and purchases.
Meal Charge Policy
Although not required by law, the Board of Education recognizes that, on occasion, students may forget to bring meal money to school, and will allow limited charging of school meals. To ensure that students do not go hungry, but also to promote responsible student behavior and minimize fiscal burden to the District, the Board will allow student who may forget meal money to “charge” the cost of meals as follows:
Only regular school lunches and breakfasts may be charged (this applies to all paying students whether they are paying full-price or reduced-prices) as follows:
- Grades K-5: Will be allowed to charge three meals. After three charges, students will be served alternate meals (i.e. peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cheese sandwich, or equivalent) until their account is properly funded.
- Middle School 6-8: Will be allowed to charge three meals. After three charges, no meals will be provided until their account is properly funded.
- High School 9 – 12: Allowed to charge one meal. After one charge, no meals will be provided until their account is properly funded.
Free and Reduced-Price Meals
RCS participates in the National School Lunch Program providing nutritious meals for students free or at a reduced price of 25 cents. Free or reduced-priced meals are provided daily based on household size and income. All information is kept strictly confidential.
Find more information about whether your family qualifies for this program then download the Free and Reduced Price Meals application online, pick up an application at your child’s school or contact the RCS Food Service Department at (518) 756-5200, ext. 2437. Only one application needs to be submitted per household. You will be notified within in 4-5 business days if you qualify for the program.
An application package is mailed home to all parents in late August. Parents are encouraged to submit the completed application to their child’s school or district office before the start of school each year.