Welcome to the Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk School District
Living the Habits of Scholarship
The Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District encompasses Coeymans and parts of the towns of Bethlehem, New Scotland and the Greene County town of New Baltimore. The district serves approximately 1,900 students in grades Pre-K through 12 at its four schools: A.W. Becker Elementary, Pieter B. Coeymans Elementary, RCS Middle School and RCS High School. The district offices are located in the Village Offices, 15 Mountain Road, Ravena.
School functions form the heart of this friendly and rural community. There are many opportunities for parents/guardians to become an active part of their child’s education and for residents to get involved by watching school plays and attending academic and athletic competitions regularly throughout the school year.
RCS students excel on and off the field. The school is home to championship athletes, talented musicians and academic scholars each year.
Our district will be a place where all staff and students are successful. The entire community will support the educational process, recognize the work and accomplishments of our students and staff, and take pride in our school.
RCS will provide all students with the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve success as contributing members of a complex, interconnected, and changing world.
- We value INQUIRY because we believe that it is critical to learning.
- We value COLLABORATION because we believe that it results in continuous improvement.
- We value RISK-TAKING because we believe it is essential for the growth of diverse learners.
- We value PARTICIPATION because we believe global citizenship begins in our RCS community.
- We value EMPATHY because we believe everyone’s success depends on meeting his/her unique social-emotional and academic needs.
Connect with us
- “Like” and follow the RCS District Facebook page
- Parents – make sure your Parent Portal information is up-to-date to receive important messages from the district and your child’s school
- Connect with teachers via teacher website pages
- Call or email an RCS staff member using the “Contact Us” page