The Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District employs approximately 600 workers in a variety of capacities, from cleaners to cooks and teachers to administrators. Whenever a vacancy occurs, the position will be posted here, so please check back frequently.
The district does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made. Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to: Title IX Officer, Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, 15 Mountain Road, Ravena, NY 12143.
Employment applications are available on this page or can be obtained from the district. For information related to instructional positions (teacher, teaching assistant) please contact Brenda Walton at (518) 756-5200, ext. 6003 or email@example.com. For information related to a non-instructional position (secretarial, building aides, bus drivers, or custodian) please contact Sue Starr at (518) 756-5200, ext. 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional and Administrative Employment
The Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District accepts applications for teachers and administrators through the Capital Region Online Application System (OLAS). Paper applications are not accepted.
RCS Employment Opportunities
- Substitute School Bus Drivers Needed!
We will train you to drive and pay $15.00 an hour while you are training and will rise to $16.00 an hour when hired permanently. If you are at least 21 years of age, and love working with children please call (518) 756-5241 or fill out the Substitute Bus Driver Application and return to Sue Starr, P.O. Box 100, Ravena, NY 12143.
- State-wide job openings (via Online Application System for Educators)
- Substitute Building Aides – Please fill out the Non-teaching Application and send to Sue Starr, P.O. Box 100, Ravena, NY 12143
- Teaching Assistant application: Teaching assistants to work various hours in district. Position is for 10-months with starting salary per the unit contract – $15.00 per hour. Must have a valid New York State Teaching Assistant Certification. TCI Training preferred.
- Teacher Aides/Building Aides: Work non-teaching duties as managing records, materials and equipment; attending to the physical needs of children; assist with student personal care and hygiene as needed, and supervising students and performing such other services as support teaching duties when such services are determined and supervised by a teacher. May also include breakfast, cafeteria/recess duties, bus dismissal, office duties. Position is for 10-month starting salary – per the unit contract – $13.00 per hour. Civil service application to be completed.
- School Bus Drivers: Possession of a valid New York State CDL Class B license with a passenger and school bus endorsement is preferred but not required. (PAID training will be provided to qualified applicants who do not possess a CDL). Position is for 10-months with a starting rate at $18.00 per hour, with a minimum of 20 hours per week including benefits upon obtaining CDL license. Civil Service application to be completed.
- Head Bus Driver: Supervisory work involving responsibility for the operational aspects of the school district buses including training of bus driver, scheduling, route planning and the maintenance of trip records. This position has no responsibilities in the area of bus repair and maintenance. The work is performed under general supervision in accordance with established policies and procudeures. Supervision is exercised over all bus drivers. Does related work as required. Candidate must be highly motivated and work as a team player. Candidate will be hired provisional and must take and be reachable on a Civil Service eligible list. Test dates can be located on the Civil Service website. This is a 12-month position and the annual salary will be between $45,000 and $50,000.
- Substitutes in the following positions: Custodial workers. Teach Assistants, Building Aides, Bus Drivers, and Clerical. These positions are minimum wage – continuous recruitment. All positions need Civil Service application to be completed – except Teaching Assistant.
- Senior Account Clerk: The work involves responsibility for the independent performance of moderately difficult financial accounts and records. The work may require decision-making as to methods to be used and classification of records and accounts. The incumbent will be responsible for entering and retrieving information from a computer database/spreadsheet using software. The work is performed under general supervision. The position differs from Account Clerk in that duties are more complex and represent a higher level of responsibility and independent judgement in the performance of work assignments. Does related work as required. Candidate must be highly motivated and work as a team player. Candidate will be hired provisional and must take and be reachable on a Civil Service eligible list. Test dates can be found on the Civil Service website. This is a 12-month position and the annual salary will be $35,094 – per the CSEA contract.
- Custodial Worker: This is routine and repetitive manual work calling for the efficient and economical performance of building cleaning and occasional minor maintenance tasks. Cleaning tasks are performed according to a well-established procedure, and maintenance tasks are performed under direct supervision or according to specific instructions. Supervision is received from a custodian or other supervisor. Position is for 12-months and has a salary per the CSEA contract of a Step 1 – $32,500 with full benefits.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION
All applicants should submit:
- a resume
- a cover letter stating the position for which you’re applying
- a completed application
- three letters of recommendation (professional)
- proof of certification (if required)
Candidates selected will be required to provide transcripts. All applications should be sent to:
Attention: Sue Starr
P.O. Box 100
Ravena, NY 12143