Register for School

Dear Parent/Guardian:

Welcome to the RCS School District. We are pleased that you are joining us. You will find a registration packet under “More Information” containing the information we require in order to register your child for school. Please fill out the packet completely and return it to the registrar’s office (15 Mountain Road, Ravena) as soon possible.

Please call (518) 756-5200, ext. 6014 before visiting.

Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Registration

Each year to kick off registration for Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) and Kindergarten, we host Registration and Community Fun Fairs at A.W. Becker and Pieter B. Coeymans. Parents are encouraged to attend a fair to register their child.
Dates for the fairs typically take place in January; exact dates will be posted in the district calendar.

If you are unable to attend a Fun Fair, you can register in person at the District Offices at 15 Mountain Road in Ravena. Please call the Registrar at (518) 756-5600, ext. 6014 to make an appointment.

Registration packets include:

  • Student Registration Form
  • Proof of Residency Form (submitted with required proofs of residency)
  • Health Related Forms
  • Release of School Records Form (academic/medical)
  • Internet Acceptable Use Policy
  • Free/Reduced Lunch Application (if applicable)

You will also need the following documents:

  • Student’s original birth certificate (or a certified copy)
  • Parent/Guardian photo ID
  • Proofs of residency
  • Student’s immunization record
  • Computer/Technology Use Agreement (grades K-12)

The following documents are optional, but should be presented at registration if applicable:

  • Individualized Education Plan (special education students)
  • Free/Reduced Lunch Application (low income families)
  • Custody/Guardianship documents or custody affidavit (student not living with birth parent(s) as indicated by birth certificate)
  • Form DSS 2999 (foster care)
  • Home Language Questionnaire (student’s primary language not English)
  • Housing Information Form & STAC 202 (experiencing homelessness)
  • Residency Affidavits (parent/guardian is no primary homeowner/lessee)
  • Alternate Transportation Form (transportation to childcare)

Change of Address

Families in RCS community who have children who attend one of our schools and have a change of address which will require your child to change elementary schools based on geographical location are required to fill out an in-district transfer form. Two new current proofs of residency are required as described in the form. A release of record is required for each child that is changing elementary so that records may be sent to the appropriate school.

Charter or Private/Parochial Schools

To new residents of the RCS community who have children who attend charter or private/parochial schools, we ask that you complete an enrollment form for each child and return it to the central registration office located in the district offices, along with proof of residency that you reside in the district.

If your child attends a local charter or private school to which RCS provides transportation, then you will also need to complete a transportation request form if you would like transportation for your child.