With the phase II capital project construction continuing through the summer into the 2018-19 school year, many areas of the middle and high school campus have already received upgrades. The following areas of work will continue after school begins on Sept. 6.
- Renovating the old gymnasium space in the high school to create a new music suite
- Constructing a new high school entrance canopy
- Renovating the high school main lobby
- Completing of softball fields on the middle and high school campus
- Working on the middle school multi-purpose room
- Renovating the middle school kitchen, cafeteria and receiving areas
These renovations should be complete by the start of school:
- Constructing security vestibules in the middle and high school
- Renovating middle and high school main office areas
During the 2017-18 school year the capital project renovations brought about some big changes on the middle and high school campus. At the high school, construction included a spacious new gymnasium and a bright and airy lobby space that will host various exhibits. Community members had a chance to see the new areas at the 2018-19 school budget vote in May.
At the middle school, construction of the new guidance suite was completed as well as renovations of the seventh/eighth grade computer lab, special education rooms, library and locker rooms.
The tennis courts along 9W were also completed and the fields at each elementary school received upgrades to irrigation.