The state-of-the-art RCS Aquatic Center opened in August 2005. The 25-yard pool hosts physical education classes, daily community swim periods and adult/continuing education courses. There are a variety of courses being offered at all times. The pool schedule is created monthly. Copies of the schedule can be found on the wall outside the pool area, at the high school main office or on the RCS Aquatics Facebook page.
Register for open swim
Anyone wishing to use the RCS Aquatics and Wellness Center must first register. District residents may get a pool pass through the high school main office in person or through the mail.
The pool is at the rear of the RCS High School off Route 9W in Ravena. The address is 2025 Route 9W Ravena, NY 12143.
When visiting the pool, please enter via the glass vestibule at the rear of the school, near the loading dock.
The following fee schedule runs from September to the following September
- $30 yearly pass RCS residents (proof of residency required)
- Free RCS students
- $125 for non-resident adults
- $275 non-resident family pass
- $100 non-resident seniors
- $100 non-district students
NOTE TO POOL USERS: If you mail the pool registration form, the pool passes will be available from the lifeguards the first time you go swimming. Please allow a week for processing.
- Maximum Occupancy: 170 people
- No swimming when there is no lifeguard is not on duty.
- Use of the starting blocks is prohibited except during competitive swimming or training activities.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Swimmers under 18 must be tested for basic skills by the pool staff before being allowed in the deep end.
- Pollution of the swimming pool is prohibited. This includes urination, discharge of fecal matter, expectorating or blowing the nose in the pool.
- You must shower before entering the pool.
- No diapers allowed. Children must be toilet trained or wearing approved swimming apparel before entering the pool.
- No running or horseplay.
- No food, drink or gum allowed.
- No glass containers allowed in the pool area.
- No radios or other electrical devices on the pool deck.
- No street shoes on the pool deck.
- No two-piece swim suits.
- No floatation devices in the pool except for supervised instructional purposes.
- No hanging on the lane lines.
- School equipment is not to be used without permission of the lifeguard.
- All other RCS School District rules pertaining to conduct are in effect.
- Lifeguards are responsible for everyone’s safety and have the authority to make safety and conduct decisions. The decision of the lifeguard is final.