RCS Community – – To keep up-to-date on the latest news and items related to the RCS budget, please continue to visit this page.
District information will be updated throughout the budget process.
Budget development is a year-round process. The Board of Education and district administrators work together to develop the budget throughout the year.
Budget Vote Process
Make sure your vote counts in this year’s school budget vote! The 2020 school budget vote and board election ballots, and the RCS 2020-21 budget newsletter are in the mail. Qualified voters, make sure to complete and return your ballot by mail to the district before 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9. If you have to deliver your ballot, please deliver directly to the District Office in the ballot box marked “RCS Ballot Drop-off Box” situated at the Ravena Justice Court entrance by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9.
If you have questions related to receiving an absentee ballot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please be aware that the 2020-21 RCS budget will be arriving shortly in the mail. It will provide you with important information to consider as you vote on this year’s school budget.
2020-21 Budget Development Calendar
The development of the 2020-21 budget will consist of presentations on specific departments/areas, which will be presented to the Board in the weeks leading up to the presentation of the overall budget for consideration by the Board.
- Jan. 8: Board of Education meeting – Enrollment Study Review
- Jan. 22: Board of Education meeting
- Feb 5: Initial Revenue Review – Tax Cap Calculations & Programmatic Planning
- Feb. 12: Budget Workshop – Recap of 2019-20 and Enhancements for 2020-21, AWB and PBC & Transportation
- March 4: Budget Workshop – Recap of 2019-20 and Enhancements for 2020-21, MS and HS and O&M, Technology
- March 11: Board of Education meeting – Food service and Budget Discussion
- March 25: Board of Education meeting – Budget Discussion
- April 1: Board of Education meeting – Budget Discussion
- April 22: Board of Education meeting – BOCES Budget Vote – Adoption 2020-21 RCS Budget; Approval of Property Tax Report Card
- May 27: Board of Education meeting/hearing, Meet the Candidates
- June 9: Budget Vote & Election
- Board of Education meeting/Approve Budget and Election Results
Budget Presentations for 2020-21 School Year
- Student Enrollment Projections (2008 to 2029)
- RCS Budget Presentation – March 25, 2020
- Actual Enrollment Data
During the Meet the Candidates Night on Wednesday, May 27, three Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk residents are running to fill one of three seats on the RCS Board of Education. Here are the candidates:
- Tina Furst-Hotaling (Email: email@example.com)
- William McFerran (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Ross (Email: email@example.com)
Questions on Library Candidates, please contact Judith Wines, Library Director
- Russell Sykes
School Tax Rates & Bills: 2019-20
School property tax rates are set in August for the upcoming school year. Tax rates are based on the total tax levy in the voter-approved school budget, the state-determined equalization rates, and assessment rolls for each town.
Estimated school tax rates for the 2019-20 school year, per $1,000 of assessed value, are:
- Bethlehem – $20.5795
- Coeymans – $20.5800
- New Scotland – $ 21.2528
- New Baltimore* – $28.3343
*Property in New Baltimore is partially assessed, leading to a higher tax rate.
Paying School Taxes
School property taxes are due Oct. 31 each year. School taxes will be collected without penalty from Sept. 1 through close of business on Oct. 2. A penalty of 2% will be added to payments received from Oct. 3 through Oct. 31. No payments are accepted after Oct. 31. Any amounts unpaid at that time will be turned over to the appropriate county.
Paying by mail
If mailing your check, include the tax bill stub with your payment and mail to the tax collection post office box:
Tax Processing Unit
PO Box 14195
Albany, NY 12212-4195
Paying in person
When paying in person, bring the entire tax bill with you. Payments can be made at the following branches of the National Bank of Coxsackie during normal banking hours:
Ravena Branch Office
Faith Plaza, Route 9W
Ravena, NY 12143
Glenmont Branch Office
331 Route 9W
Glenmont, NY 12077
You can now pay your school taxes online using your credit/debit card or an e-check (e-checks will only be accepted through Sept. .30. 2018).
If using a credit/debit card, the online provider’s fee includes a one-time transaction fee of $0.50 plus a three percent (3%) site fee for each transaction.
If using an e-check the online provider’s fee includes a one-time transaction fee of $4.95 plus a half percent (0.5%) site fee for checks made out for more than $2,500.