Mission: To foster a community of learning and literacy that leads to high academic achievement, independent reading and learning, and collaboration.
The library is open all school days from 7:35 a.m. – 2:35 p.m., except Friday, when it closes at 2:02 p.m. The library is a member of the Capital Region BOCES School Library System, and, through interlibrary loan, we can obtain materials for you from other school libraries.
Library passes must be obtained from study hall teachers or cafeteria supervisors. Books may be borrowed for four weeks. We do not charge overdue fines, but request replacement payment for lost or unreturned books. Photocopying and computer printing are free. One copy per student, please.
These databases may be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection. To obtain passwords, see a library staff member.
- ABC-CLIO History Databases — American History; World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras; World History: The Modern Era; and World Religions: Belief, Culture, and Controversy.
- EBSCOhost — Contains EBSCOhost Web, ABC-CLIO History Databases, GreenFILE, Explora, and Teacher Reference Center.
- Issues & Controversies — In-depth investigations of today’s top issues.
- NewsBank–Provides a comprehensive collection of reliable news sources covering a wide array of topics and issues.
- NoodleTools — Comprehensive and accurate MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian bibliography composer with fully integrated note-taking.
- NOVEL GALE Databases — Contains more than 40 cross-searchable databases that can be searched individually, or in Powersearch.
- ROSEN Learning Center Interactive eBook Collections — Digital books on various topics.
- Soundzabound— Soundzabound Music Library offers a wide variety of music, audio themes, and sound effects that ensures your copyright safety.
- Student Resources in Context — Provides excellent support, aligned to the Common Core, for papers, projects, and presentations.
- TeachingBooks.net — Provides engaging author programs and book resources.
Additional databases are offered through the Upper Hudson Library System: http://www.uhls.org.
How to cite properly
- BibMe: The fully automatic bibliography maker that auto-fills.
- Citation Machine: Creates MLA, APA, and other citations that may be cut and pasted into documents.
- EasyBib: Citation made simple.
- NoodleTools: Comprehensive and accurate MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian bibliography composer with fully integrated note-taking.