The middle school serves approximately 415 students, grades 6 through 8, in the Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk School District.
We are committed to providing our students with a positive learning environment; an atmosphere that will provide students with a sense of pride in their school and community; and the ability to develop a positive attitude toward learning, their environment and the world in which we live.
- Teachers, administrators, parent, students and community will collaborate and share responsibility for the growth of the individual child.
- Our commitment is to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners and socially responsible members of the community.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- We use a variety of effective instructional practices that engage the learner in acquiring knowledge and skills and demonstrate understanding through critical thinking and problem-solving.
- We are committed to teaching the whole child, encouraging respect, understanding, and tolerance of individual and cultural differences.
The Middle School is a progressive public school, which focuses on providing students with a 21st century education. Every classroom is equipped with document cameras and projectors. The school also has two computer labs, three Google Chrome mobile carts, and each teacher is outfitted with an I-pad. As part of a 21st century approach, teachers incorporate technology within their lessons on a daily basis.
- Period 1: 7:30 – 8:18 a.m.
- Period 2: 8:21 – 9:01 a.m.
- Period 3: 9:04 – 9:44 a.m.
- Period 4: 9:47 – 10:27 a.m.
- Period 5: 10:30 – 11:10 a.m. (6th grade lunch)
- Period 6: 11:13 – 11:53 a.m. (8th grade lunch)
- Period 7: 11:56 a.m. – 12:36 p.m. (7th grade lunch)
- Period 8: 12:39 – 1:19 p.m.
- Period 9: 1:22 – 2:02 p.m.
- Enrichment: 2:05 – 2:40 p.m. (except Fridays)
There are no bus passes issued on Fridays, early dismissal days or the day before a holiday.
All food items brought into school for class consumption must be recorded in the Food Log at the main desk in the Middle School Office.
Karen Waddingham, RN, Christi Sulik, RN, or Sandy Doane, RN, (518) 756-5200, ext. 3021 or 3022.
Lost and Found
If your child is missing items such as clothing, lunchboxes, notebooks, etc., please stop in to look through our Lost and Found located in the cafeteria and in the physical education areas. Unclaimed items are periodically donated or discarded throughout the year.
Contact Lifetouch Studio at (518) 767-9936 or visit mylifetouch.com with questions or for more information.
7-7:25 a.m., Tuesday through Friday