The RCSTA unit is comprised of 222 faculty members. Their last contract expired June 30, 2017. The District and representatives from the Unit began negotiations January, 2017 and the newly ratified contract will be retroactive to July 1, 2017. The new contract increases represent less than one percent of the annual school budget over the next four years.
Highlights from the new contract:
- Those hired after July 1, 2018, and work in the district for 15 or more years, will be eligible for a fixed retirement buyout for any unused sick and personal days, up to 240 days.
- Teachers will be required to attend an additional 10 total hours of professional development over the course of each school year.
- Unit members move to a new copay model (CASHIC) which will reduce premium increases for both the District and members of the unit.
- A number of language changes better clarify procedures for approving unit member’s use of leave time and payment for summer work.
- The starting salary for teachers will be raised by eliminating the first step on the salary schedule during each of the four years; moving from a 16 step salary schedule to a 12 step salary schedule by 2020-21
- Over the next four years, teachers will receive a 1.4%, 1.7%, 1%, and .5% increase on step, respectively
- Off step teachers accept a change in how they are compensated, from percentage increases to flat dollar amounts.
- Nurses salary will be adjusted from 80% to 82% of the teacher’s salary schedule
- Coaching staff, who are paid on a point system, will receive an increase of $1 per point in each of the next two years.