Dear Families and Class of 2020 Graduates,
On Sunday, June 28, the Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District will host the Class of 2020 “Graduation Ceremony Premiere Video” at the Jericho Drive-In at 9 p.m. Please note that the district sponsored event will continue to follow directives from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and the executive orders from Governor Andrew M. Cuomo as it pertains to social distancing measures throughout our commencement planning.
According to the Jericho Drive-In web page: “Due to state regulations we will be implementing changes/rules to follow when visiting our theater. We need to adhere to these rules to avoid being shut down. We are planning a virtual contactless environment for both our employees and our customers. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.”
They are as follows:
- Graduating seniors only will be allowed to sit together in a designated outside area near the screen. Students must wear a mask or face covering in this area.
- There must not be person-to-person contact during the celebration. Individuals may not shake hands.
- All attendees must remain inside their vehicles and tailgating (sitting in the back of an open pickup truck) will not be allowed.
- Gates will open at 8:00 p.m. with viewing scheduled for approximately 9:00 p.m.
- Each Family will be able to bring two vehicles (tickets enclosed). No ticket – no entrance.
- Only passenger cars, SUV’s and non-commercial trucks will be allowed admittance. Trolley buses, party buses RV/Camper, limousines and/or anything in tow are not conducive to viewing the screen and also could potentially block the views of others in attendance and will be prohibited. Furthermore, all attendees need to remain in their vehicle.
- Bathrooms are for emergency use only and please adhere to the following rules: Mask on when entering the restroom with only two people at a time in the bathroom. Please form a line and keep at least a 6-foot distance while waiting outside. Wash your hands when finished.
Please Note: Students and families must adhere to the stated directives above. We know that this may disappoint some of you, however, we ask that you respect the rules so the Jericho doesn’t get shut down. Violators will be asked to leave and/or the screening may be terminated if these rules are not followed.
Sending positive thoughts and well wishes to all of you!
Lisa Patierne Herb Tedford
Principal Assistant Principal