Although school will be closed to students through the remainder of the academic school year, RCS students will be eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch options through the week. Any child under 18 years of age will be allowed to receive healthy meal and snack choices through the RCS district’s food service program.
The locations and schedule for pick up are listed below. In an effort to limit personal contact, please remain in your vehicle and meals will be delivered to you in your vehicle. Meals may be picked up between the hours of 7 am and 10 am, through June 2020, at the following locations:
- Parents/caregivers of Pieter B. Coeymans Elementary children will go to the bus drop off loop of Pieter B. Elementary.
- Parents/caregivers of A.W. Becker Elementary children will go to the bus drop off loop of A.W. Becker Elementary.
- Parents/caregivers of RCS Middle School children who are in need of a breakfast/lunch option will go to the bus drop off loop of RCS Middle School.
- Parents/caregivers of RCS High School children will go to the loading dock at the high school, which is located on the end of the high school facing 9W.
Please note: any family with children attending multiple schools may pick up the meals for all children at one school location.
We recognize that some families may be homebound and still need access to available food. RCS will offer delivery service to those in need. This is an option reserved ONLY for those individuals who do not have transportation to or from any pick-up locations. We are happy to help, but please only access this service if you are truly in need. To make a delivery request, please contact your youngest child’s school at:
- AWB (518) 756-5200 ext. 5002
- PBC (518) 756-5200 ext 4002
- MS (518) 756-5200 ext. 3003
- HS (518) 756-5200 ext. 2003
When you call in, please be prepared to give: Your name, your address, and the number of meal-eligible children in your household. If the phone is not answered, please leave this information as a message. We expect deliveries to occur prior to 11 am on the day following a request being made.
We have seen our community quickly band together to assist those in need. Feeding our youngest community members is a high priority and we are pleased to add breakfast and lunch to the resources that have already been developed during this trying time. Please visit the RCS website (www.rcscsd.org) for critical details related to COVID-19/coronavirus. We will be continuously updating information/details relating to the COVID-19/coronavirus as it is shared with our district.
Dr. Brian Bailey