If you have any questions, please reach out to your student's building. This newsletter includes:
New Information =
- Civics Day at RCS High School
- Upcoming Important Dates
- Staff Development Day on Tuesday, November 8 - No students in attendance
- RCS Celebrations & Stories
Important Reminders =
- Winter Sports Registration
- RCS COVID-19 Management Plan 22-23
- Resources - “Who to Contact and When” Guide
- Elementary School Playground Update
- Elementary School Libraries Update
- 21-22 School Year Grade 3-8 NYS Testing Results
- Direct Links
Civics Day at RCS High School: Our high school students immersed themselves in the importance of being involved and giving back to our communities; 14 local, state, and federal organizations were represented in our first-ever Civics Day. Find out more about this day here.
- Friday, October 28: AWB PTA Trunk or Treat, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 3: AWB Fall Picture Make-Up Day
- Saturday, November 5: Operation Recognition Ceremony, 10 a.m. @ HS
Later in the Month:
- Tuesday, November 8: Staff Development Day, Staff Only, no students in attendance
- Wednesday, November 9: Board of Education Meeting & AWB Student Recognition Awards at HS, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 10: PBC Fall Picture Make-Up Day
- Thursday, November 10: End of First Marking Period (MS/HS)
- Thursday, November 10: End of First Trimester (PK-5)
- Friday, November 11: Veterans Day - No School & District Closed
- Saturday, November 12: HS Drama Club Cabaret, 6:00 p.m. at HS
- Mon., Nov. 14 - Fri., Nov. 18: American Education Week
- Thursday, November 17: Parent University - Special Education, 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 18: MS Drama Production, 7:00 p.m. @ High School
- Saturday, November 19: MS Drama Production, 7:00 p.m. @ High School
- Sunday, November 20: MS Drama Production, 2:00 p.m. @ High School
- Tuesday, November 22: Middle School Fall Picture Make-Up Day
- Wed., Nov. 23 - Fri., Nov. 25: Thanksgiving Recess, No School (District closed 11/24 & 11/25)
- Monday, November 28: Middle School Q1 Honor/Merit Roll Recognition Ceremony, 6:30 p.m. @ HS
- Tuesday, November 29: Parent Conferences (Early Dismissal for grades PK-8)
- Wednesday, November 30: Parent Conferences (Early Dismissal for grades PK-8)
- Wednesday, November 30: High School Picture Make-Up Day
Staff Development Day on Tuesday, November 8 - No students in attendance: This is a reminder that Tuesday, November 8, will be a staff-only day for staff development, no students will be in attendance.
RCS Celebrations & Stories: There is a lot of exciting and interesting stuff happening at RCS! Check out what has been going on around the district here.
Winter Sports Registration: Modified winter sports registration is open for students in grades 7 and 8, and Junior Varsity and Varsity winter sports registration is open for students in grades 9 through 12. To learn more about the registration process and sports offered in the winter, please click here.
RCS COVID-19 Management Plan 22-23: Last month, we shared with families specific information regarding our COVID-19 Management Plan for the 22-23 school year. As always, families are urged to keep students home from school who are ill, regardless of whether their symptoms are COVID-19-related. Families can view or download the RCS COVID-19 Protocols Quick Guide for determining when their child can return to school (click here). Read the full COVID-19 guidance for the 22-23 school year here. If you are unsure if your student should come to school, please view our When to Keep Children Home Due to Illness Form for more information.
Resources - “Who to Contact and When” Guide: We have created a “Who to Contact and When” Guide for RCS families and community members, located on page two of our RCS Wall Calendar and on our website. This document was created to help ensure that questions and concerns from our community are addressed in the most efficient and effective manner possible. It outlines who you should contact first for information in a particular area, as well as the next step if your concern is not addressed. Staff contact information can be found on the second page.
Elementary School Playground Update: Last week, we shared this notice on our website regarding an update to the replacement schedule for both elementary school playgrounds.
Elementary School Libraries Update: Please click here for updates regarding the elementary school libraries and book exchange for the 22-23 school year.
21-22 School Year Grade 3-8 NYS Testing Results: The Northeastern Regional Information Center (NERIC) will be mailing home results from the 21-22 New York State Grade 3 through 8 tests over the next month. These results will not be coming from RCS. If you have any questions regarding the results once you have received them, please reach out to your student’s teacher. If you do not receive them by November 1, please contact your student's school building.
- RCS COVID-19 Protocols Quick Guide for determining when their child can return to school
- RCS COVID-19 Management Plan 22-23
- 22-23 School Year Information Guide
- Board of Education
- Contact your student's counselor
- School Calendar
- Code of Conduct
- Who to Contact and When Guide
- Transportation Information
- Staff Directory
- Download RCS Connects!
- SchoolTool Parent Portal
- Food Service Menus
- Click here to see a list of the current fundraisers!
If you have any questions about anything covered in the letter, please reach out to your student’s building for clarification. Thank you.