Dear Families, Students & Staff,
We are incredibly excited to have completed our first week of school here at RCS and are extremely grateful for the support of our students, teachers, staff, and community as we get this year going. If you have any questions as we settle into the 22-23 school year, please reach out to your student's building.
We like to send weekly letters to families, students, and staff that contain important and new information for our district. This letter includes:
- Student Information Update Form
- School Building Open Houses
- Clubs & Activities
- First Day of School Photos
- Upcoming Important Dates
Important Reminders =
- Resources - “Who to Contact and When” Guide
- Annual Notifications
- A reminder about our District-Wide Safety Plan
- 22-23 District Calendar
- Fall 2022 Continuing Education Offerings Brochure
- Facility Dog Program to begin at RCS
- 22-23 Board of Education Meeting Schedule
- Direct Links
Student Information Update Form: Starting on Monday, September 12, student information update forms will be sent home with each student. Please see the photo below to see a sample of what the form will look like. Please review all of the information, and note any changes directly on the printed sheet. Additionally, please answer the questions listed on the back. We are requesting that the forms are returned to the school by Monday, September 19. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s main office.
School Building Open Houses: This year we will be returning to in-person open houses for all schools. Please find more information below:
- A.W. Becker: Thursday, September 15 at 6:00 p.m. for grades 1, 2, and 2/3 and 6:45 p.m. for grades 3 through 5. Click here for more information
- Pieter B. Coeymans: Wednesday, September 21 at 6:30 p.m. for grades 1 and 2 and Thursday, September 22 at 6:30 p.m. for grades 3 through 5. - more information to be shared soon
- Middle School: Tuesday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m. Click here for more information
- High School: Thursday, September 29 at 6:30 p.m. - more information to be shared soon
Clubs & Activities: The fall is the perfect time for students to get involved in the clubs and activities at their school buildings. Here are the different options for each building:
First Day of School Photos: Click here for some photos of the first day of school!
- Tues., September 13 - Thur., September 15: Fall Fastbridge Testing at Middle School
- Wednesday, September 14: Board of Education Meeting & Middle School Recognition Awards at HS, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 15: A.W. Becker Open House, 6:00 p.m. for grades 1, 2 & 2/3, and 6:45 p.m. from grades 3 through 5
Later in the Month:
- Tuesday, September 20: Middle School Open House, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 21: PBC Open House for Grades 1 & 2, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 22: PBC Open House for Grades 3 through 5, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 23: Parent University - Special Education, LGR in Middle School at 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 27: High School Financial Aid Night, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 29: High School Open House, 6:30 p.m.
Resources - “Who to Contact and When” Guide: We have created a “Who to Contact and When” Guide for RCS families and community members, located on page two of our RCS Wall Calendar and on our website. This document was created to help ensure that questions and concerns from our community are addressed in the most efficient and effective manner possible. It outlines who you should contact first for information in a particular area, as well as the next step if your concern is not addressed. Staff contact information can be found on the second page.
Annual Notifications: The RCS Central School District maintains a webpage of annual notifications for parents/caregivers and families to access a variety of information about our school district and our procedures. You can access that webpage here: https://www.rcscsd.org/page/annual-notifications
A reminder about our District-Wide Safety Plan: The Board of Education approved the District-Wide Safety Plan for the 22-23 school year at the August 24 Board of Education meeting. You can view it on our website here. Please note this is a general plan filed each year by the district that outlines the district’s response to emergencies, each building has its own more detailed plan that is kept confidential for safety purposes.
22-23 School Year Calendar: The digital RCS Calendar for the 22-23 school year is now available on our website. Please click here to learn more.
Fall 22 Continuing Education Offerings Brochure: The RCS Central School District is proud to launch its Continuing Education Program's offerings brochure for the fall 2022 session! The district offers Continuing Education courses for our community in the fall and spring of each year. As a reminder, the brochures are no longer mailed home; printed copies can be picked up from locations around the district or printed off our website. Click here to learn more and view the offerings brochure.
Facility Dog Program to begin at RCS: We are incredibly excited to get our Facility Dog Program underway at RCS this year. Please click here to learn more about the program.
22-23 Board of Education Meeting Schedule: The Board of Education has approved its meeting schedule for the 22-23 school year. That schedule may be accessed on our website here.
- 22-23 School Year Information Guide
- Contact your student's counselor
- School Calendar
- Code of Conduct
- Who to Contact and When Guide
- Transportation Information
- Staff Directory
- Download RCS Connects!
- SchoolTool Parent Portal
- Food Service Menus
- Click here to see a list of the current fundraisers!
If you have any questions about anything covered in the letter, please reach out to your student’s building for clarification. Thank you.