If you have any questions, please contact your student's building. This newsletter includes:
New Information =
- NYSED Memo on Use of Native American Mascots Update
- Resources - “Who to Contact and When” Guide
- 22-23 Yearbook Purchasing Information
- Upcoming Important Dates
- High School Regents & Midterm Information and Schedule – Next Week!
- Spring ‘23 Continuing Education Offerings Brochure
- Residents Approve $15 million Capital Improvement Project Proposal
- RCS Celebrations & Stories
- RCS COVID-19 Management Plan 22-23
- Direct Links
NYSED Memo on Use of Native American Mascots Update: This week, we released an update about the New York State Education Department (NYSED) issued Memo regarding the Use of Native American Mascots, which includes information on how to make a public comment to the state regarding the new guidance and proposed amendment to the regulations. You can access that update here.
Resources - “Who to Contact and When” Guide: We have created a “Who to Contact and When” Guide for RCS families and community members, located on page two of our RCS Wall Calendar and on our website. This document was created to help ensure that questions and concerns from our community are addressed in the most efficient and effective manner possible. It outlines who you should contact first for information in a particular area, as well as the next step if your concern is not addressed. Staff contact information can be found on the second page.
22-23 Yearbook Purchasing Information: Yearbooks for the 22-23 school year are now available for purchase for each RCS school building! Click here to visit our 22-23 RCS Yearbook Information page for the links to purchase yearbooks and contact information for questions.
- Friday, January 20: Deadline for the RCS Student Attendance Poster Contest
- Friday, January 20: MS Winter Wonderland Dance at Middle School, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Tues., January 24 - Fri., January 27: High School - NYS Regents & Midterm Exams
- Thursday, January 26: Parent University - Special Education, 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. *New date & time*
- Friday, January 27: End of 2nd Marking Period (MS/HS)
- Saturday, January 28: Class of 2024 - Albany County Sheriffs VS. RCS Staff Basketball Game Fundraiser
Later in the Month:
- Monday, January 30: Second Semester Begins (MS/HS)
- Wednesday, February 1: Board of Education Meeting at High School, 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 7: Staff Development Day (Early Dismissal PK-12)
- Wednesday, February 15: Board of Education Meeting at High School, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 20: Presidents’ Day, District Closed & No School
- Monday, February 20 - Friday, February 24: Winter Recess, No School
- Tuesday, February 21: Pre-Kindergarten Registration for the 23-24 School Year Opens (online)
- Monday, February 27: Classes Resume for All Students
- Wednesday, March 1: Board of Education Meeting at High School, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 1: SAT Exam for Juniors (in school)
- Friday, March 3: End of Second Trimester (PK-5)
High School Regents & Midterm Information and Schedule- Next Week!: The High School has shared Regents and Midterm Exam information, as well as the schedule, via email and on our website. Please view that information here. The exam period runs Tuesday, January 24, through Friday, January 27. If students do not have an exam, they should NOT report to school. Monday, January 23, will follow the regular High School Schedule.
Spring ‘23 Continuing Education Offerings Brochure: The RCS Central School District is proud to launch its Continuing Education Program's offerings brochure for the spring 2023 session! The district offers Continuing Education courses for our community in the fall and spring of each year. As a reminder, the brochures are no longer mailed home; printed copies can be picked up from locations around the district or printed off our website. Click here to learn more and view the offerings brochure.
Residents Approve $15 million Capital Improvement Project Proposal: On Monday, January 9, RCS residents voted to approve the $15 million Capital Improvement Project Proposal. The results of the vote were ratified at the January 11 Board of Education meeting. Click here to learn more about the vote.
RCS Celebrations & Stories: There is a lot of exciting and interesting stuff happening at RCS! Check out what has been going on around the district here.
RCS COVID-19 Management Plan 22-23: Families are urged to keep students home from school who are ill, regardless of whether their symptoms are COVID-19-related. Click here to view or download the RCS COVID-19 Protocols Quick Guide for determining when your student can return to school, or read the full COVID-19 management plan for the 22-23 school year here. If you are unsure if your student should come to school, please view our When to Keep Children Home Due to Illness Information Sheet to learn more.
- RCS COVID-19 Protocols Quick Guide for determining when your student can return to school
- RCS COVID-19 Management Plan 22-23
- Emergency Closing, Delay, and Dismissal Information
- 22-23 School Year Information Guide
- Board of Education
- Contact your student's counselor
- School Calendar
- Code of Conduct
- Who to Contact and When Guide
- Transportation Information
- Staff Directory
- Download RCS Connects!
- SchoolTool Parent Portal
- Food Service Menus
- Click here to see a list of the current fundraisers!
- RCS Community Resource Guide
If you have any questions about anything covered in the letter, please reach out to your student’s building for clarification. Thank you.