This letter contains important and new information for our district and has:
- RCS Central School District & Board of Education Celebrates 2022 Retirees
- RCS Discovery Camp
- District Plans for the Future of Our Facilities - Please Take Our Survey
- Superintendent Creates “Superintendent Student Council”
- District Celebrations & Stories
- Upcoming Important Dates
Important Reminders =
- Last Days of Student Attendance
- Tentative End-of-Year Event Schedule
- June 2022 District Calendar
- 2022 High School Regents & Local Exam Information and Schedule
- End-of-Year Student Chromebook Collection
- Summer Resource: Community Food Assistance Programs and Options
- 2022-23 Board of Education Meeting Schedule
- 2022-23 School Year One Page Calendar
- COVID-19 Testing through RCS
- COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Protocol
- Direct Links
All the information in this letter, from past letters and more, can be found on our website.
RCS Central School District & Board of Education Celebrates 2022 Retirees: At the Board of Education Meeting this week, the RCS Central School District and Board of Education celebrated our 2021-2022 retirees. Best of luck to them on their retirement, and thank you for your many years of exemplary service! Click here to learn more.
RCS Discovery Camp: RCS is excited about our new summer program, the RCS Discovery Camp, for students entering grades 1-8. Invites for the 2022 Summer program have been sent out. The program is designed to support ongoing learning for students who may need additional support following the 21-22 academic year. Students were identified by their teachers to participate in this summer program and will receive explicit interventions in English Language Arts and mathematics. They will also apply those skills through enriching and engaging activities through project-based learning (PBL). To learn more, please click here.
District Plans for the Future of Our Facilities - Please Take Our Survey: The RCS Central School District is in the planning stages for a future construction project that will include important updates to our existing facilities and will address current and future programmatic needs. We have organized a district-wide committee of staff and community members to participate in this important planning, but we need diverse voices from the entire RCS Community to ensure that we appropriately preserve and design our facilities for our current and future students as well as for our community. Please click here for more information and to participate in this ThoughtExchange to contribute your ideas and thoughts surrounding this potential project. The survey will close on Tuesday, June 28, at 6:00 p.m.
District Celebrations & Stories: We highlight different events, accomplishments, and programs that are happening around our school community on our website and Facebook page. You can view some of the recent stories and pictures we have shared in the RCS Weekly Celebrations Newsletter here. This week, it includes information about the Senior Prom, Spring Concerts, and more!
- Friday, June 17: PBC Field Day
- Friday, June 17: Early Dismissal for AWB and MS only
- Monday, June 20: No School, Juneteenth Observed
- Tuesday, June 21: Early Dismissal for PBC, AWB & MS
- Tuesday, June 21: Last Day of Classes for AWB & MS
- Tuesday, June 21: PBC Kindergarten Celebration, information comes from student’s classroom teacher
- Tuesday, June 21: AWB 5th Grade Moving Up Day @ HS Auditorium, 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 22: Early Dismissal and Last Day of Classes at PBC
- Wednesday, June 22: PBC 5th Grade Moving Up Day @ HS Auditorium, 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 22: 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony, 6:30 PM @ HS Main Gym
- Friday, June 24: Class of 2022 Graduation, 6:00 PM
Last Days of Student Attendance: We have released our schedule for the last days of school for the District, please access them on the website here. Families will be notified if there are any changes due to the use of additional snow/emergency days prior to June 24.
Tentative End-of-Year Event Schedule: Visit the End of Year Information webpage here to view the schedule, updates, and details for upcoming events, or access a printable version of the schedule by clicking here. More information about all of the events will be shared in the coming weeks as it becomes available.
June 2022 District Calendar: As the month of June begins to fill up, we have created a digital June calendar for families and students to view upcoming events and class schedules. Please click here to access it.
2022 High School Regents & Local Exam Information and Schedule: The High School has shared Regents and Local Exam information, as well as the schedule. Please view that information here.
End-of-Year Student Chromebook Collection: We have shared the process for returning student-issued Chromebooks with families. Please note that each level will have a different return process. Please find more information here.
Summer Resource - Community Food Assistance Programs and Options: Local food pantries and food assistance programs can provide additional resources for students and their families during the summer and throughout the year. We have put together a list of community food assistance programs and opportunities, please click here to access it. To view additional community resources related to healthcare, mental health, clothing, and more, visit the RCS Community Resources Guide online here.
2022-23 Board of Education Meeting Schedule: The Board of Education has approved its meeting schedule for the 2022-23 school year. That schedule may be accessed on our website here.
2022-2023 School Year One Page Calendar: At the May 4 Board of Education Meeting, the one-page calendar for the 2022-2023 school year was approved. Please view a printable version of this calendar on our website here.
COVID-19 Testing through RCS: We currently offer take-home and lab testing. More information about all testing offered can be found here.
COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Protocol: You can find the most up-to-date COVID protocols on our website here. Please remember that if a student or staff member is sick, they should not come to school/work that day.
- Tentative End-of-Year Event Schedule
- June 2022 District Calendar
- Click here to see a list of the current fundraisers!
- Weather-related emergency closing, delays, and dismissal information
- School Calendar
- RCS COVID-19 Lab Testing & Take-home Test Information
- Code of Conduct
- Who to Contact and When Guide
- Staff Directory
- Download RCS Connects!
- SchoolTool Parent Portal
- Food Service Menus
- Local COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Sites
If you have any questions about anything covered in the letter, please reach out to your student’s building for clarification. Thank you.